Thursday, January 15, 2009

We hate peanuts

So as most people know KJ can't eat a lot of food because he has Galactasemia, which is a genetic disease that he can't out grow. Then at a couple months old he had an allergic reaction to soy, so now that is off limits. Now yesterday we are quite sure that he had an allergic reaction to peanuts from peanut butter, it happened a week ago, so I tried it again yesterday when I was eating a peanut butter sandwich and sure enough it happened again. Everything he touched on his body turned red with white bumps that looked like mosquito bites. I had never seen anything like it, it happened with in a matter of seconds from contact with it. I took some picutres, but peanut butter was on the lens so it is hard to truly see, but if you blow up the picture by clicking on it you will see some of the bumps around both eyes. It literally spread across his fingers, throat, cheeks, and eyes. What an adventure it was this week, he doesn't even eat the actual bread and peanut butter, he just touches it with his mouth and fingers, I can't imagine what would happen if he actually liked bread and ate a bite of the sandwich.
picture at first contact of Peanut Butter

pictures of a few seconds later

1 comment:

Mangum Menagerie said...

If this keeps up he will run out of things to eat. He looks miserable which is the way I look during allergy season.